Delivering Results by Leading and Managing People and their Work StandardMarch 14, 2017
The HR Business Function Effectiveness Audit StandardMarch 16, 2017
This Standard deals with strategies, tactics and processes for sourcing, recruiting, and hiring top talent needed to support business objectives.
The biggest recruitment
challenges for organisations in the UK are as follows:
- Attracting experienced talented individuals
- Organisational culture fit and the priorities for future skills development and qualifications
- Personal and professional career development
- Competitive salaries and benefits
In particular due attention should be paid to:
- External Recruiting: all activities related to recruitment campaign design and external applicant tracking.
- Internal Sourcing: all activities involving preparing, approving, posting, and tracking requisitions to fill a position from inside the organisation.
- Selection & Hiring of Candidates: all activities associated with identifying, screening and interviewing candidates, educating hiring managers, notifying applicants, preparing employment contracts, determining compensation, and orienting new hires.
Recruiting in the Future
In the future, the pattern of HR will be to recruit less administrative support roles in the
HR function, given that the HR function seems to be moving to more strategic activities and
the transactional elements of HR are increasingly being outsourced.
Unilever Case study
Unilever have been using their people measures to increase the impact of their recruitment activities and analyse the success of their employer branding and measure and improve the effectiveness of their organisation.
Unilever’s Senior Vice President of Leadership and Organisational Development, Leena Nair, describes their HR vision – People, Place, Performance – and how people measures are helping to secure the top talent, make Unilever the best place to work, and ensure their people are performing to their productive best.
Download the full case study
This case study was written by Dr Anthony Hesketh , Senior Lecturer at Lancaster University Management School. The original version of this case study can be found in the report: Managing the value of your talent: a new framework for human capital measurement (CIPD)